December 8, 2011

Dear Dexter

Dear Dexter,

Thank you for being patient while our riding time has been put on hold.  Thank you for continuing to get excited the few times I come out.  Our visits have become very special to me, even if its a few minutes to check you over and give you treats.  Somehow your soft nose and warm body have a way of grounding me.  Reminding me that even though times are stressful now, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and as long as I have you, I have some serenity in my life. 

Thank you for taking care of me as we start to ride together again.  For slowing down when you feel me loose my balance, and for picking up right where you left off even if I have a long way to go.  I appreciate that you did not forget you were a working horse and never offered to buck (yet) during these first few rides. 

Thank you for keeping your canter slow even on the straight aways.  I promise we will graduate out of the small pen and into the pasture soon.  The small pen is more for me than you.  I still need the security of it.  And thank you for pushing though with me as I try to get us both back in shape.  I know you've enjoyed your time off, but I can tell you are happy to go back to work.  And I can say I am happy to be working with you again. 

I know right now with the weather, and the baby and work we dont' see each other much.  I promise as Alex gets older and the weather gets warmer we will see more of each other, to be honest not as much as we used to, but we will make it work.  We will still ride and learn and show, I won't let all our hard work, your work ethic and talent go to waste... I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment