- I enjoy being outside.
- I love animals.
- I am good at it (I think).
- I enjoy the challenge of influencing such a huge animal in a positive way.
- when I'm on a horse, I am not able to think of anything but him and me and what we are doing at that exact moment.
- it teaches me things about myself I wouldn't have realized otherwise.
- it humbles me when I need a reality check.
- it gives me confidence in myself.
- it is an excellent lesson in patience (something I need more of in my non-horsey world).
- the sense of harmony is inspiring and special to me.
- when we both get it right, even for a single stride I get an amazing sense of accomplishment.
- it makes me happy.
- every once in a while my horse does something that makes me crack up.
- somewhere along the way it became who I am.... I ride because I ride.
December 8, 2010
Why do I ride?
I ride because: