July 12, 2011

Dressage is Taking Over Eastern CO!

Ok, so not really.  But I did get a call from someone this week that lives in my area and is starting dressage.  I've been out here by my lonesome for so long, I never imagined I'd get to have a dressage buddy.  Now she's just starting dressage but has been doing hunter and all sorts of other riding so I imagine she is going to pick it up quickly.  She mentioned something about being 2nd level ready. 

I'm just happy to have someone to compare notes with and maybe even get to watch ride without driving an hour.  My brain is already turning on whether or not she would be able to ride Dexter for me every now and then.  I've kept him in pretty good shape with the lunging, but it still helps to have someone on him now and then.  And while I still hop on him every so often, its only for walking and trail work.  But we will have to get to know her first.  As I've mentioned a few times before, I"m pretty picky on who I let on my horse.

Oh!  And maybe I'll have someone to go to shows with next year!  But I'm not getting ahead of myself. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's always more fun when you have a riding buddy to chat with. Hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete