July 10, 2011

Not a Bad Season

This is me and Dexter's haul for the season. 

Granted some of these ribbons are technically "last" place, but some aren't so that's ok.  Some of the blue ribbons are even legitimate, as in more than one person was in the class.

Over all, be it a short one, it was a good first show season for Dexter and I (first for Dexter, first in a really really long time for me).   There were some disappointing moments (the last show we took a few large steps back).  But some pretty awesome ones too, like our 2nd schooling show where he was already over the hype, even enough to win Training Level 3, a test we hadn't done out yet, and with 4 other people in the class.  I think that's the ribbon I'm most proud of. 

My family was able to come and see me get back in the game.  And by the end of the season (again ours, I know for others its just beginning) we were such pros at the whole thing, we didn't even have to drag the husband along.  Sometimes the scores were ok, sometimes they were better and sometimes they were bad.  But we got there, we didn't fall off and in the end, shows were routine for both me and Dexter and I think that was the first step. 

Next year's goal.... a year end award.

No comments:

Post a Comment